Monday, September 21, 2009

Saturday... First time for so much

Oh Saturday! How fond I am of you in my memory!

Saturday was a day of firsts... I tried so many things I have never tried before and it was all so dreamy...

First of all... and I am a little embarrassed to say this... Saturday was the first time I've ever had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I don't know why, but I've never tried them... I guess I was a little weirded out by the idea of sweet and salty together... Maybe it was the idea of the textures that was holding me back... but I faced my fears (just like Kim from Real Housewives of Atlanta) and took a bite out of one... and the sky parted and God smiled on me... and it was good. Really, PB&J is awesome... I might try to make a more grown up version in these upcoming days but right now... kiddie versions rock.

After my PB&J discovery I prepped myself for a more grown up dinner at Woodfire Grill. I was a little scared about what I was going to be served... I tend to be a little picky when eating. I don't like lots of stuff and I am allergic to that fine dining wonder; MUSHROOMS! I swell up like Dumbo whenever I eat one...

Well... I've never liked scallops when they are small, but Saturday had me facing the biggest, juiciest, plumpest? scallops I've ever seen... and they were ok... I guess scallops is something I will never really like... One of the other delicious products that I've never had is quail. That little piece of poultry heaven. The preparation in that kitchen was amazing... It was delicious. Another thing wcich is kinda funny is I've lived in the South for close to 3.5 years now and I've never had corn grits and fried okra which makes me a bad bad bad southerner... Well... my issue with okra is that when I was growing up my dad had a garden full of it and I could never forget the sliminess of it and for some reason the thought of okra made me have a great gag reflex... Corn grits are just weird in my head so I try to stay away from them. Saturday changed it all. Yummy yummyness of delicious proportions.

The last thing which to me has to be one of the most incredible inventions came with dessert... wait for it CANDIED BACON, juicy thick, delicious CANDIED BACON... Heaven...

I am excited about trying soo many new things...

PS... I also have a newfound love for kale...

1 comment:

theminx said...

hey chickie...did you see that you won the Top Chef trivia contest on All Top Chef? Send your address to Laura K at kluless7@cox.net and she'll get your prize out to you.

Kathy